Monday, November 17, 2008

In a Dark Place, tis my Day of Reckoning


In a dark and dangerous place now,
Tis my day of reckoning.
Or so it seems to me today,
as i stand here at this crossroads
I must figure out what path
My life is to take,
Each path has its risks and dangers
My only hope out
Is to choose the one
With the lesser evil.
A great deal rests upon this decision
To choose which path i take
For tis can my life make
Advice and suggestions fly all around me
Yet i must take this step alone
For tis my life, and no one else's
And whatever evil befalls me on this path
Befalls me and me alone.
All that i know and loved
Lies around me on the brink of collapse
And it seems inevitable
That no matter what path i take
Something must be destroyed
And it seems to me to be
A case of, "Yer money or Yer life"
I need to be sure of what i need
To do in order to be safe.
Yet i must be sure of my choice
For no matter what path i take
There can be no turning back
I must choose carefully and choose it well
For, In this Dark Place, tis my Day of Reckoning

No comments: