Monday, February 04, 2008

Analogy With The Romans(incomplete)

Me and Karan were talking about 1041 IST and this is what we talked about... And its rather funky, so I thought we'll put it up and see how people, respond, if they read our blog, ever...

10:41 AM K-Squared: dude, the romans were fucked up

me: I know... really fucked up...

10:42 AM K-Squared: i was jus reading livy

me: Livy?

K-Squared: yeah

me: what eet is?

10:43 AM K-Squared: ancient roman historian

for this course, we have to read livy, ovid, the roman comedies, etc.

10:44 AM plus roman erotic poems n surch

such*

apparently, ovid was sort of the roman vatsayana, though he was more about picking up chicks n stuff

me: ah... good... yes, they were a bunch of fucked up people... brilliant ones are almost always fucked up...

10:45 AM K-Squared: yeah dude, but that was not exactly brilliant

they got most from the greeks

the greeks werent fucked up, they wer

10:46 AM me: the greeks were fucked up as well...

K-Squared: not that bad

10:47 AM dude, half of what i read was rape and such

me: well, Zeus married his own daughter... thats about as fucked up... No, the Greeks were smarter...

K-Squared: yep

K-Squared: is it ok to say that the romans were fucked up

11:18 AM on an essay for the roman achievement

me: yes... although, one would have to mention the achievements and then mention the fuck ups...

11:19 AM K-Squared: the part i'm writing about is mostly a fuckup

me: which one?

K-Squared: the decimvirs

me: ah...?

11:20 AM K-Squared: look it up

11:22 AM me: too complicated...

K-Squared: ok

11:23 AM me: I mean googling it is...

11:24 AM K-Squared: ok

11:25 AM me: what is it about, again?

K-Squared: what?

me: decimvirs

11:26 AM they're 10 guys who made laws, and?

K-Squared: pretty much

11:27 AM me: so where comes the fuck up?

K-Squared: they relected a decimvir coz they were very nice the first time around

11:28 AM but this time, one guy, took control, got greedy, and voila! a tyranny is born


7 minutes

11:35 AM K-Squared: pretty much it

11:36 AM n not that they hadnt had a long line of tyrants before to learn from

11:39 AM me: well, people never learn... look at our materland...

K-Squared: ah true, but there is still a difference

11:40 AM me: and that would be?

K-Squared: we arent that fucked up

besides, we're fucked up in a different way

and, we didn't elect bush

and laloo is actually doing a good job

11:41 AM me: neither did the Romans... we elected Modi... and he's doing an even better job, isn't he?

K-Squared: the romans elected appius, literally gave him the rope to hang themselves with

modi actually is doing a damn good job in that sense

11:42 AM besides, these guys fucked everything up

11:45 AM me: modi is killing and holding bias in the name of religion... and Indians elected Arjun Singh giving him the rope to slowly strangle not just themselves, but also their future... the thing with governing people is, that every one in the end destroys all that they shouldn't because they make decisions that aren't supposed to be made by them.. people don't understand that and allow them to do so... its like god... if its nice, say god is great, if its something bad, blame it on the devil... at the end of it all, it was you who created them both and it was your decision that lead to whatever happened...

No comments: