Monday, October 27, 2008

July 9th 2008. Nerul, Navi Mumbai.

I was out for a walk with a friend, at about 4 in the morning. Near my house. The 9th of July. We saw a dog writhing in front of us. It had been poisoned.

We tried to save it, did not amount to much, our efforts, I mean.

It was a terrible fuck-up.

A car, government car, drove past us, a man threw something on the street. Another dog ate it, and it started experiencing fits as well.

The symptoms of the poison included fits, extreme discharge of fluids due to salivation and other ways.

After the second dog died, about twenty others did as well.

The people had poisoned all of them. A municipal dump-truck was collecting the bodies.

I tried running after the car, they moved off, fast. I wanted to kill them.

No one wanted to help, no one cared.

I've played with those dogs, lived with some of them for 7 years, almost.

The cruelty of man is astounding.

No comments: